Infosys came out with the results today , one of the first company to start with its results on the index side , they declared the Consolidated results for the quarter ending December 2009-2010
• Income was Rs. 5,741 crore for the quarter ended December 31, 2009; QoQ growth was 2.8%; YoY decline was 0.8% – So you can see cpompared to the December 2008 QTR it was a decline.
• Net profit after tax was Rs. 1,582 crore for the quarter ended December 31, 2009; QoQ growth was 2.7%; YoY decline was 3.6% – There might be growth compared to previous QTR but not to the year before QTR as the Revenue was down the Net profit also went down.
• Earnings per share decreased to Rs. 27.75 from Rs. 28.66 in the corresponding quarter of the previous year; QoQ growth was 3.3%; YoY decline was 3.2%
• 32 clients were added during the quarter by Infosys and its subsidiaries
• Gross addition of 8,719 employees (net addition of 4,429) for the quarter by Infosys and its subsidiaries
• 1,09,882 employees as on December 31, 2009 for Infosys and its subsidiaries