This is like one of the big change sensex has brought in for index futures and options and Stock futures and options.They have decided to change the expiry of all monthly index futures and options from last Thursday of the month to the third last Thursday of each contract month. Further, expiry date of all Weekly Options Contracts presently available for trading will also be changed from cycle of Monday – Friday to cycle of Friday – Thursday, i.e. expiry on Thursday instead of Friday. The details are given below:
Changes explained for Monthly and Weekly Futures and Options Contracts
Monthly Futures and Options Contracts
1) Monthly Futures and Options contracts of ALL INDICES presently available (Sensex, Mini Sensex, BSE TECK, BSE Oil & Gas and BSE Bankex) for F&O trading for the months of October 2009 and November 2009 expiring on Oct 29 and Nov 26, respectively will retain their existing expiry dates.
2) The December 2009 contract presently expiring on December 31, 2009 will be compulsorily expired on Thursday October 29, 2009 and a fresh December contract with expiry date of December 17, 2009 will be generated.
3) Also on Thursday, October 29, 2009 (expiry of October 2009 contract), the January 2010 contract to be generated will have expiry date as January 14, 2010.
Weekly Options Contracts
1) The change will be in ALL Weekly Options contracts (Sensex, Mini Sensex, RIL, SBI and TISCO) presently available at the exchange.
2) From Monday, November 16, 2009, Weekly Options contracts will be available on Sensex and mini Sensex plus on underlying stocks RIL, SBI and TISCO with expiry date of Friday, Nov 27, 2009, as per current practice.
3) However, from Friday, November 20, 2009, a fresh two-weekly contract is to be generated with expiry date of Thursday, December 3, 2009. Thereafter all SENSEX AND MINI SENSEX AND CONTRACTS ON RIL, TISCO AND SBI WEEKLY OPTION CONTRACTS will be generated every Friday with a two-week expiry.
The trading members may note that, wherever the expiry of a Weekly Option Contract coincides with the expiry of a Monthly Option Contract, the respective Weekly Option Contract will NOT BE AVAILABLE, as the remainder expiry time of the monthly contract will make it akin to a Weekly contract.
In case any members require any clarification, they are requested to please contact their respective Relationship Manager or the BSE F&O helpdesk on 022-2272 3768 or Suhel Plasar (22728436) or Shivam Gupta (22728346) from Market Operations Team.